This program is a 3–4-hour beach program in partnership with Surf Lifesaving NSW. The purpose is to deliver beach safety advice to ensure safety when it comes to entering the ocean.
The program includes both a theory and practical component:
- Learn basic surf rescue skills, first aid, CPR etc..
- Learn about rips and how they work
- Learn what to do if caught in a rip
- Learn about the different types of waves in the ocean
- Learn about what beach safety signs and what they mean
- Learn about emergency protocols
- Lifeguards will demonstrate mock rescues
- Show a rip and how it works in real-time
- Opportunity to use rescue equipment e.g. body boards and rescue tubes
- Opportunity to swim in Rock Pool & Beach